Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine is the Gold Standard in treating obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Some enjoyed the benefit of CPAP therapy just after a night, some may take some times to adapt to it.
Be reassured, we are here to walk this journey with you. For any discomfort or success you experienced with your CPAP, feel free to share it with us via whatsapp or a call. Early Intervention greatly increase the success rate in adapting to CPAP and achiving optimal result.
Let's start the first night of CPAP therapy with an open mind and positive attitude. Remember to drop a message tomorrow morning to share with us how you feel. (8877 0191 WA).
Can I sleep in my usual position?
Yes, you may. CPAP should not be obstructing your sleep position
Do I need to change the water in humidifier water tub?
Yes, Pour away the pervious night water, rinse the water tub and refill it with clean distilled water. Wipe dry the exterior of the water tub before connecting it back to CPAP machine.
What does it mean if I found my mask is off my face in the morning?
Not to worry about this, it's pretty common as you are still not use to have a mask on the face and you may have remove it in the middle of the night without knowing it. Give it some times to condition the body to get use to it.
Here are some tips in adapting to CPAP therapy:
How To Prevent Mask Leak:Nasal Mask
Nasal Pillow Mask:
Full Face Mask:
How To Maintain CPAP & Mask At Home?
it is essential to keep your CPAP and Mask clean to enjoy quality CPAP therapy and a good night sleep.
- Change the water daily and replace it with clean water before your bedtime.
- Weekly cleaning - remove the water tub and rise it with mild detergent ( tele-PAP recommend Purdoux Soap)
- Allow the water tub to air dry (do no place under direct sun)
- Wipe the exterior with a dry cloth before inserting it back into your device
Hose / Tubing
- Weekly cleaning - Wash the air tubing in lukewarm water with mild detergent
- Drip dry your hose or dry it with our 2 in 1 premium CPAP hose brush that comes with 2 micro fiber cloth to dry your hose.
- Do no dry your hose under direct sun or heat
- Weekly check your filter - replace it when it turn light grey
- Use CPAP wipes to wipe down mask cushion daily.
- Weekly use a damp towel with mild soap and warm water. This will remove any oils, dead skin cells, and sweat on the mask that can affect the quality of the seal. Gently rinse with a clean towel and let the mask air-dry.
- Should be wash weekly to remove any oils. Gently rub headgear with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- Dab dry with a towel and lay flat to air dry it.
Here are some of the benefit of CPAP Therapy:
- Increase Daytime Alertness
- Boosts Cognitive Performance
- Improve Heart-Related Health
- Lower Risk on Road and Work Related Accidents
- Supports Weight Loss
- Decrease Acid Reflux
- Improve Over-all Quality of Life
Remember to reach out to your therapist if you have any questions regarding your CPAP Therapy. We are here to accompany you on your CPAP journey to better quality of sleep.